Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Incidents to be remembered - Part 2

Continuation of previous post:


  • ·         Abbas was playing some rhymes in his laptop and Mantam were watching and enjoying themselves. He then played a slideshow of some old pics and was asking them to recognize the people in the photos. I was carelessly watching TV as kids were being taken care of. And suddenly I heard Mannu’s outburst. She was conitnuously sobbing and I panicked and rushed to see what had happened. Abbas then told me that he had shown them a pic where he was with his nieces. And Mannu was crying because she was not there with her Baba. Phew! This girl is growing mighty possessive of her dad. And he simply loves it.
  • ·         They were drinking Frooti and they had a small fightover something silly. Tammu got pissed off and took out the straw from the Frooti carton, and banged the straw on Mannu’s face. She hit quite close to Mannu’s eyes and the bottom of Man’s eyes bled a bit. We were all mad at Tammu. Once our tempers cooled down, Abbas gave a packet of Gems to Man and told Tammu that this is your punishment. When Abbas was away, I slowly tried to pester Mannu into giving gems to Tammu as well. She tells me by moving her index finger in oscillating motion, “No Mamma! Baba has asked not to give to Tammu na? I’ll tell Baba that you are asking me to give to Tammu!”
  • ·         Mannu has composed her own song – “Bambalika li, Tittabita li…”
  • ·         A cricket match was gonna begin where India was playing. As usual, when national anthem was being sung, we all stood up and asked Mantam to stand up as well. Next day when they were playing Srilanka’s anthem, the kids stood up and asked us to do the same.
  • ·         Mantam were barely 2 then. Abbas and my BIL had taken the two of them to a footwear showroom. Tammu conviniently picked up a pair of shoes, removed her shoes, wore the new pair and gracefully kept her shoes in the showcase.
  • ·         Mantam both still have the habit of sucking their thumbs. One of my colleagues told them that f you suck your thumb, I’ll send a Doctor to your home who’ll give you Big Injections. Tammu innocently asked, “Will he bring crayons along with him?” (Their paediatrican had given them crayons during their last vaccination)
  • ·         Whenever I give or do something that Mannu likes, she’ll lovingly say “I love you Mamma” and boy! My heart skips a beat…
  • ·         Tammu is too fond of our car. Abbas has namedit Bulu (yes he too is extra fond of our car) Whenever we come back home from office, Tammu will spot Bulu in the parking lot and rush to it with her arms wide open screaming “Bulu, Bulu, Bulu”. Once we had gone to a restaurant and while eating Tammu said “We should’ve brought Bulu here. He would have eaten too” We told her Bulu only drinks Pertol. From then on, whenever we pass a fuel station, both the kids ask us, “Aren’t we feeding Bulu?” We say “Bulu’s tummy is full”. They innocently ask “Why Mamma? Didn’t Bulu do his potty?”
  • ·         Since they had this habit of putting things into their mouth, we would always tell them that their stomachs would ache if they did that. When they reached a stage where they could express their pains, Mannu kicked off like this – “Mamma, in my hand, stomach is aching”
  • ·         The recent rage ‘Sheila ki Jawani’ took the avatar of ‘Seema ki Jawani’
  • ·         I had put on Mehendi on their hands and Tammu, the ever-impatient soul wanted to wash it off as soon as I was done drawing on her hands. I told her if you wash it off, you will not get a good colour. Mannu jumped saying “I won’t wash my hands as I wan colour” Next day I put on Multani Mitti pack on my face and since Mannu was very curious I smeared a bit on her face too. When I washed my face, she told me “Mamma, don’t wash my face. I won’t get good colour otherwise.”

·          

2 comments:

Rohit said...

@seema: Hello bhabhi ji.. :] well m not much into reading blogs n all but thot of givin a try when i saw d link on fb..liked n quite impressed..keep goin..

Regards,
Rohit..

RS said...

Hi Seema,
Lovely lovely blog. It makes me feel more connected to Manu and Tamu this way and I can imagine their faces when they are doing all these naughty things :-) Read all the posts - you have to now keep it updated - you will have 1 regualr reader for sure... :-)