Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Incidents to be remembered - Part I

They say ‘Kids are a form of god’. They sure have powers to relieve your stress, conjure a smile on your face, make you forget all your qualms and worries. I am double blessed to have twin fairies for daughters….

They’re going to turn 3 in a couple of months from now. How time flies! It seems like just yesterday that I was counting their age in days. They have grown big enough to choose their apparels and accessories (although I don’t entertain it), they ask me what I was packing for their meals, have also begun demanding specific dishes to be sent the next day. They learn by imitating elders’ actions and words. Teaching by examples is the best way to get them do, what you want them to do. I have discovered that enforcing orders is not gonna work always and they’re gonna develop a bossy nature and orders would be boomeranged at you. If you want your kids to be polite, you better treat them kindly too. I have become a better person in my efforts to inculcate good habits in my kids. All I had to do was practice the so called ‘good-habits’ myself and the kids learnt by mimicking me.

I try to keep my cool most of the times. But I am not a saint after all and do lose my patience after a strenuous day at work and no recreation other than two toddlers to tackle. Blogging sure gives me an unknown satisfaction specially when I can connect to so many friends I have never seen or met. Yet I miss them if they don’t post for several days together.

I am somehow drifting from the topic. I haven’t been updating this blog recently. So have missed out on documenting all the recent activities of my daughter which I would like to recollect at a later point of time. I’ll just randomly write incidents or their actions or talks in a random sequence:

  • Tam: ‘Mamma, can u give me your ear-rings?’ Me: ‘No Tammu, you are small now. I’ll give you ear-rings once you grow big.’ Tam: ‘Ok Mamma. So are you gonna give ear-rings to Baba (dad) once he grows up too?'
  • Scene1:
At pediatrician’s:
We are waiting to outside to see the doctor. A baby comes in for vaccination and yells loudly after being injected. My kids witnessing the baby crying shoot  questions at me. ‘Mamma, what happened to baby boy’. Me being the witty mother tried to encash the situation to my profitability and quickly said ‘The baby boy used to suck his thumb. That’s why doctor uncle has given him a big injection’ My girls instantly removed thumbs out of their mouths.

After a couple of weeks-
Scene 2:
My domestic help came to work after bunking for 2 days. Enter her and I bombarded her with all possible Wh questions to know the reason behind her Unplanned leaves. She conveniently made up a story saying she had gone to a hospital because her leg was severely paining. She was unable to move. Doctor gave her pain killer injections and yada yada. Having no say I asked her to do her work for the day. As soon as she entered kitchen, Tammu asks – ‘Mamma, does aunty also suck her thumb?’

  • Today when we got off the car and I was gonna drop them at crèche, they had a look at their pillows in the car and said ‘Pillow pillow, don’t cry Ok? Manu Tamu are going to school. We will come back soon.’
  • In my obsession to teach them identify colours, I would ask them to name colours by pointing to every object in sight. Perhaps I did it a bit more than required. One night when I was supposed to sing lullaby while putting them to sleep, Mannu suddenly said ‘Don’t sing this song’. I asked ‘What do you want me to sing?’. She said ‘Sing a pink Song’. I turned gloomy black. How do I compose a pink song then and there. With my ‘never face your back to challenges’ attitude, I began humming – ‘Pinky pinky ponky, pinka, pinku, pinko…’ And bang came the howl – ‘This is not a pink song’ I sang 4-5 songs trying to convince her that each one was a pink song but in vain. Finally I had to try my ultimate weapon called ‘Emotional Atyachar’. If you sleep early, THIS will happen, if you don’t THAT will happen.
  • Nowadays I don’t have to narrate stories, they themselves volunteer to tell some stories. If Tammu starts, it’s difficult to stop her. Mannu gives blank boring looks at her and plainly nods her head. (Exactly the way I listen to Ma) Tammu is least bothered about whether the listener (irrespective of whether he/she is listening or not) is interested in listening.
  • Tammu’s favourite nursery rhyme is ‘Johnny Johnny’ coz she winds it up with just 2 lines – ‘Johnny Johnny yes papa, Open your mouth hahaha’
  • Mannu loves books and enthusiastically sits to study with me. Tammu is forced to sit and study. She will say ‘I’m not feeling good Mamma’, ‘I’m feeling sleepy Mamma’, ‘I’m feeling hungry Mamma’. I read a book and ask them to repeat what I said. Mannu would repeat obediently whatever I say. Tammu would also do so a couple of times. She would get bored easily and she would say ‘Byabyabya’ or simply distort the word I said and repeat it and start laughing at her humour.
  • Mannu loves helping me with domestic chores. She knows the exact position of all the vessels in my kitchen cabinet and can keep them in their respective places. One day I was pouring milk into their sippers and I absent mindedly picked up the tea strainer instead of their milk strainer to strain the milk. Mannu observed it from the drawing room and marched towards the kitchen. She picked the milk strainer from the drawer and questioned me, ‘ This is milk strainer. Why did you use the tea strainer?’ I was stunned. I apologized to her. Next day even before I opened the drawer to pick the strainer, she was there to ensure I was picking up the right one. When I did, she acknowledged saying ‘Very good Mamma’. Lol
To be continued…


5 comments:

Abbas said...

Part 1 was too good!!!

~ A K S ~ said...

I bet this must be the best experience of your life, just cherish these moments for ever...!!

anitha said...

its nice

[*] §andêêP [*] said...

Very nice... 2 little angels to spice up ur life..

Keep having a nice time and keep writing about it :)

Unknown said...

Nice treasured moments!!!